Sunday, May 31, 2009

Foiled Plans

Ah, so I guess it could not be avoided for long- Dave and I now have been given a calling, a couples calling, and Dave guessed it right on the button- we're Nursery leaders! AH THE CHILDREN! So we are trying to figure out if it's all a plan to encourage the childless to conceive or if it's convenient to have those who don't have their own kids in the nursery to better help the children focus, but either way I'm not so sure it will help us stick to the Plan. Dave's already showing signs of cracking and our length of time for "just us" might be cut off by a long shot. He's SUCH a softie!
Seriously though, you should see him play with those kids, he's going to be such a good daddy someday... Ahem! I mean, uh. Well, we shall see. Lo que Dios quiere, verdad? But melt my heart, Dave is awesome with kids. They like him more than they like me- no question about it! I had nobody to play with and he was swarmed. His only complaint of the day was that he didn't get any graham crackers or water in his sippy cup at snack time. So basically he fits right in.
It will be great, we just need to learn names and the songs we're now having to re-learn. Old McDonnald hasn't been around for years, but now he's back, and those speckled frogs are so cute! However, being new to the ward and all, I am going to have to get creative so I can get to know the adults in the ward, since now all they will be known to me is so-n-so's mom. We will figure it out. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Ironically I was put in nursery too. :) Just remember to have kids when you both are ready. They can be increadibly sweet one minute and the other minute hard. You both will have to come to dinner sometime. We'll let Dave play with Siera Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought the same thing when i was called to primary/nursery...is this a subtle hint to have kids?

    i'll report that nearly a year later i'm still in nursery, and i have no kids of my own yet!

    :)

    but nursery is a TON of fun. you'll love the calling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys will be great in that calling! So fun, you get to go to church and play! Woo Hoo! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete