Friday, August 21, 2009

Eat, Drink And Be Merry For Tomorrow, We DIET

Hi. My name is Amber Hill and I've been addicted to food for like, 22 years. I love food- all kinds. I love the taste, the smell, the texture. I do not however love the way food makes me feel. Nothing will bring me around to a shocking and cruel reality than to see pictures of myself, and especially if I am in a bathingsuit, well maybe that and the constant inquires as to whether or not I'm expecting or how far along I am. Oh and sweet children who ask when I am going to have my baby boy. After coming home from the Ski trip and gagging over the slideshows the Bennett and Hill families have decided that enough is way more than enough. We will follow the examples of those who have gone before us, and do our own Biggest Loser challenge. On August 9th, 2009, we each weighed in and decided that it was far beyond time to change, but never too late to start.
Dad- 193.5
Mom- 153.3
Steven- 181.5
Dave- 196.5
Amber- 173.5
Alisha- 143.5
Branden- 143.5
Talk about hard to swallow!
We could use all the encouragement we can get. Many of us have already lost over 10 lbs since then. I weighed in this morning at 160.6, and it is the 21st of August (1 1/2 weeks since we weighed in). Dave has also made it 12lbs and counting. We will weigh back in for the final time just prior to Christmas whenever we are all back together again to see who has 'won' the challenge, even though we will all walk away winners.
Thank you Shawntel, Aaron, and Ashley for showing us it CAN be done!

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck Hill Family! You guys can do it! Great pics one the other post too...looks like a super fun vacation! Hope you are well Amber!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Good luck everyone!! That is so exciting! it is hard work but trust me it is totally worth it!! There will be hard times, times when you have weaknesses, and times that you might not want to work out, BUT just remember that you can always start over again... dont ever give up no matter how far you think you are behind or whatever... just keep going and you will love yourselves for it!! Love you guys, if you need any help or advice im here for you all!! Love, Ashley Cardon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just found your blog! Good luck with the challenge! You can do it! I'm still trying to get off the last couple of pounds from my baby, she just started kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go you guys! You lost a lot already! Sounds like a way fun idea!

    ReplyDelete